Daily home deliveries have become routine for many people thanks to the emergence of online shopping. You enjoy the ease of having items left right at your main entry, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in the open are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant issue, but you can take action against it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are great tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they give you a lot more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Rochester video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to advance. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, communicate with whoever’s on your porch, and receive instant alerts whenever an item arrives.
The easiest way to see how a Rochester video doorbell camera works is to look at the various perks it can provide. Consider these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in deterring burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is a great way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of visitors on your porch and boxes on the ground. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- High-resolution footage at any hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the use of getting a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is dropped off? You can get immediate updates from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between people and deliveries.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your front door? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to find out why they’re there. You can even use this helpful feature to scare off people lurking around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will allow you to cut down on false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the chance to view current and recorded video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may access them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even let you communicate with the person at your door. These devices have turned into difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.