Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Rochester smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total command of your Rochester home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Rochester do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View current or saved footage from any connected cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Rochester by programming schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The main screen will post a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Rochester
Despite the fact that multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the information to send an request.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you would like to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Rochester home security system. Dial (585) 534-3389 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.