What should you do when your Rochester home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family – against the many risks you might face, like theft, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Rochester home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be shocking, disorienting, and may provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and adhere to these simple guidelines.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Rochester Triggers
You never want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened in the middle of the night with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. Now what are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is pounding. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency alone instead allow your monitoring agents and first responders to do their job.
- Protect your family members. Your priority should be your family members and getting them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might include moving to an appointed secure area as far away from access points as possible. The trespasser was likely already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or a fire, you ought to vacate your residence without delay.
- Remember your phone. The vast majority of individuals keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you may forget to take it during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay in touch with your monitoring experts and get notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Rochester goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The protocol they follow depends on the kind of emergency. To illustrate, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single attempt will be made to contact you before help is deployed. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most frequent type of event - a monitoring agent will follow these procedures to contact you:
- An effort will be made to reach you through the touchscreen interface. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get a response, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there is still no answer, nearby police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a position to communicate with the monitoring team, don't worry. Support will still be dispatched even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get protection for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Rochester
Be prepared for any crisis with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Rochester from Vivint. Contact (585) 534-3389 to start designing your home’s protection today.